Artisan People are looking for skilled and motivated Visitor Services staff with relevant retail/gallery/ticketing experience to meet the high standards for one of Central London’s major Heritage museums.
For this position, you should enjoy working with the public and school groups, be commercially minded and have previous experience of working in a busy visitor/customer facing role. We are specifically looking for a good and consistent weekend availability and you will be guaranteed 20+ hours per week as a minimum. You must be flexible to increase your hours as needed by the museum during busier times.
You must be able to demonstrate the following abilities or experiences (please include, with examples, in covering letter):
- Fluency in English
- Great communication and team working skills
- A commitment to providing excellent visitor service
- Vigilance within surroundings and awareness of security and health and safety issues
- Excellent presentation, punctuality and reliability
- A positive and proactive approach to work
In this role you will be:
- Part of a friendly and dynamic team
- Working in a variety of visitor services positions throughout the museum (shop, galleries, ticketing desk, cloakroom etc.)
- Invigilating and ensuring the safety of the visitors and exhibition pieces
- Imparting knowledge and giving information to visitors
- The role will start Early May and will continue for at least three months (August 2018)
- Training will be provided and paid
- There will be a first interview with Artisan People and if successful a second interview with the museum on 15th or 17th May - we are looking to begin interviews immediately.
Pay: £10.44 per hour
Please apply with a CV and covering letter which addresses all of the above as soon as possible. Any application that does not address these points will be at a serious disadvantage.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently under-represented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.