Artisan People are looking to recruit a Gallery Administrator to work in a specialist art gallery and dealership. A successful candidate for this position would be highly driven, confident and committed gallery administrator with proficient-level of experience in the art industry. The gallery administrator should have excellent operational, managerial and organisational skills, be able to manage a small team and use their own initiative, as well as be responsible for exhibition, project, event and client management, gallery promotion and art sales.
Please note that this is a permanent, full time Mon-Fri position. Our client are looking for a suitable candidate to start immediately, in order to receive some handover training.
Your key responsibilities:
• Developing and managing the gallery’s finance and business accounts
• Leading and preparing exhibitions, events and projects
• Gallery site management and office administration
• Visitor engagement and liaising with curator, directors, press and collectors
• Maintaining gallery databases, inventories, website
• Supporting and assisting the directors
• Marketing and promotion of the gallery
You must have:
• Experience working in a similar role working in private art galleries, auction houses or public art institutions
• Degree in art history, management or related field
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Strong sales experience and client-facing skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
• Excellent ability to achieve deadlines and deliver goals successfully
• Proactive ability to manage multiple projects and use problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of the Art Market and Art Industry
• Experience of planning and preparing exhibitions and events
Please apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter to Tilly Thorneycroft.