Artisan People are looking for four full time Retail Assistants to work in the shops of one of Central London's oldest and most renowned museums. You should have previous retail experience, a strong work ethic, have experience of busy environments and enjoy working with people.
Please note that this is a temporary, full time position organised around a fixed but rolling rota. You should be able to provide mostly a full availability on an ongoing basis, including evenings and weekends. Good availability over the busy Summer.
The role runs from 30th May until 2nd September. You must be available for an Interview on the 23rd May with the Museum. Initial interviews will be held with Artisan People as soon as possible.
You must have:
- · Experience in retail or the busy service industry
- · Fluency in English
- · Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with visitors
- · A positive and proactive approach to work
- · Experience of working under pressure
- · Team working and listening skills
- · Cash and card handling experience
Your duties will include:
- · Serving customers and selling products
- · Processing card and cash payments
- · Keeping the shop floor well-presented, clean and tidy
- · Restocking and replenishing shelves
- · Ensuring the smooth-running of the shop
- · Providing excellent customer service
Pay is £8.00 per hour.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently under-represented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Please apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter. Any applications that do not address the above points in the covering letter will be at a serious disadvantage.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.