Artisan People are assisting our client and are recruiting for a number of key hires within the Windsor Visitor Team. The Windsor Estate covers approximately 15,800 acres and includes Windsor Great Park, the Home Park of Windsor Castle, and Swinley Forest. Windsor is the only Royal Park & Forest managed by The Crown Estate. The Crown Estate is a £14bn real estate business specialising in commercial property in central London, prime regional retail and offshore wind. It also has a substantial rural and coastal portfolio and manages the seabed around England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Established by an Act of Parliament, as an independent commercial business it returns 100% of its annual profits to the Treasury for the benefit of the public finances. This has totalled £2.7bn over the last ten years.
The Windsor Estate welcomes over 5 million visitors every year, making it one of the country’s most visited tourist destinations. The Visitor team manage all visitor communications and engagement, catering, retail and car park services across the Estate.
The business is undergoing an exciting period of transformation with a number of high-profile development projects in the pipeline and this role will support this expected growth and position the business well to consistently deliver the best visitor experience.
Visitor Experience Team Leader – Visitor Centre
To champion and lead on delivery of the ‘on the ground’ visitor experience, provide operational guidance and support to the team to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and efficient day to day operation of the Visitor Centre.
- Proactively address any on the ground changes required to deliver a seamless visitor experience
- Assign the team daily and appropriate to footfall throughout the day to ensure coverage across all customer touch points
- Liaise with Business Technology on systems issues to resolution
- Support the team to achieve targets ensuring they are aware of membership benefits so that they can take every opportunity to communicate the benefits to customers
- Monitor team performance and provide coaching to build skills
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve issues
- Undertake new joiner induction on systems, processes and standards
- Resolve escalated customer complaints and ensure they are recorded
- Monitor catering service standards and liaise with 3rd party caterers to resolve issues arise as they arise
- Manage the Welcome desk ensuring appropriate stock of consumables and cleanliness standards are maintained
- Ensure the team receive business updates including performance against KPIs and other relevant communication
- Ensure building maintenance issues arising day to day, e.g. cleaning and reactive repairs, are resolved promptly
- Identify training needs and undertake training on systems, processes and procedures
- Open and close the Visitor Centre in line with operating procedures
- Administer First Aid
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures, including cash handling, uniform, lost property etc
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a busy, front line customer service environment
- Experience of dealing directly with members of the public, including managing complaints and gaining successful outcomes for all parties
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service ethos
- Demonstrable ability to coach and mentor a team to deliver high performance
- Proven communication skills – listens to others, is approachable, appreciates the views of others, communicates information in a way that is understood
- Supports others in adapting to change, identifying the benefits
- Anticipates problems and identifies solutions
- Team player
- Meticulous attention to detail
- IT and computer literate
- First Aid qualified
Full-time hours 40 hrs per week working to a rota including weekends.
This role is based in Windsor, there is limited public transport around this area so you must be local or able to travel.
The advert will run for two weeks initially with the option to extend if required. First stage successful candidates will have an initial phone conversation with Artisan People discussing details and location of the role and client and suitability. A second stage interview will be arranged for successful candidates in person at Windsor Great Park.