Artisan People are assisting our client and are recruiting for a number of key hires within the Windsor Visitor Team. The Windsor Estate covers approximately 15,800 acres and includes Windsor Great Park, the Home Park of Windsor Castle, and Swinley Forest. Windsor is the only Royal Park & Forest managed by The Crown Estate. The Crown Estate is a £14bn real estate business specialising in commercial property in central London, prime regional retail and offshore wind. It also has a substantial rural and coastal portfolio and manages the seabed around England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Established by an Act of Parliament, as an independent commercial business it returns 100% of its annual profits to the Treasury for the benefit of the public finances. This has totalled £2.7bn over the last ten years.
The Windsor Estate welcomes over 5 million visitors every year, making it one of the country’s most visited tourist destinations. The Visitor team manage all visitor communications and engagement, catering, retail and car park services across the Estate.
The business is undergoing an exciting period of transformation with a number of high-profile development projects in the pipeline and this role will support this expected growth and position the business well to consistently deliver the best visitor experience.
Visitor Experience Supervisor (Retail)
To lead the team to deliver a seamless visitor experience across all functions i.e. retail, catering, car parks etc. to deliver consistently high levels of customer service and ensure the efficient and safe running of the Visitor Centre. Working with the stock controller, plan product ranges and develop and implement visual merchandising plans and ensure high standards of presentation are maintained across all retail outlets.
- Delivery of the visitor experience
- Communicate and champion visitor expectations to the team
- Ensure all visitors are welcomed and high levels of customer satisfaction are consistently delivered
- Lead the team to deliver and sustain high levels of productivity, quality and exceptional customer service
- Oversee the delivery of the catering experience from a visitor viewpoint
- Ensure the retail space is replenished and presentation on the sales floor is maintained to required VM standards
- Monitor expenditure against specific budget lines and report as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge on revenue targets and communicate to the team
- Ensure daily health and safety checks are completed in line with procedures and the team comply with procedures to minimise the risk to the public, staff and contractors
- Ensure expectations and accountabilities are clear and pro-actively manage performance in line with performance management system
- Understand and follow employment policies to ensure compliance with relevant employment and health and safety legislation
- Work as a member of the Visitor Development management team contributing to and delivering wider Visitor objectives
- Champion the retail experience from a visitor viewpoint, identify opportunities for improvements and action as agreed with Head of Visitor Development
- Working with Stock Controller and Head of Visitor Development, plan product ranges to make best use of the available retail space and meet key seasonal deadlines
- Working with Head of Visitor Development to develop seasonal visual merchandising (VM) plans
- Ensure stock levels are maintained on the floor
- Ensure the appearance of retail spaces are maintained high standards and VM is in line with agreed plans
- Train the team to maintain standards and oversee changes of displays regularly to maintain a fresh and visually exciting look
- Prepare appropriate management reports as required by Head of Visitor Development
- Plan and manage stock takes
- Day to day management of the EPOS retail sales system
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in the retail sector and specifically visual merchandising and planning and building product ranges
- Proven understanding and experience on the leisure and attraction industry
- Proven experience in managing successful teams that deliver results
- Proven creative flair to create exceptional visual displays
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service ethos
- Results orientated with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Able to demonstrate ability to motivate and inspire people at all levels
- Confident in challenging and questioning existing practices
- Flexible and willing to adapt to ever changing environments
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
- I.T & computer literate to a high level
- Personal Licence Holder
- First Aid qualified
Full-time hours 40 hrs per week working to a rota including weekends.
This role is based in Windsor, there is limited public transport around this area so you must be local or able to travel.
The advert will run for two weeks initially with the option to extend if required. First stage successful candidates will have an initial phone conversation with Artisan People discussing details and location of the role and client and suitability. A second stage interview will be arranged for successful candidates in person at Windsor Great Park.