Artisan People are helping a venue in Coventry City Centre to hire a Heritage and Events Manager to run their Visitor Services department at a local heritage venue as Coventry becomes UK City of Culture 2021.
Main responsibilities of the role include;
- Clarity of planning and strategy for staff, head of services & customers
- Resource management to meet heritage demands
- Balance heritage and commercial activity to avoid overlap
- Ensure visitor trends / views are captured & known
- Lead & support the Marketing, Community Engagement & Education Officers
- Manage monthly targets to achieve budget & business plan success
- Effective operational process & procedures – i.e. cash management
- Recruitment where needed
- Staff training
- Property liaison role
- Health and safety lead for the site, risk assessments leading to corrective action
- Data and physical asset security
- Report results back up through the Council’s financial and monitoring system to help fund inflation costs, inform pricing & update budget position
- Quarterly financial reporting in line with Coventry City Council requirements
Experience in a similar role is essential. Salary 40-50k depending on experience.
Role starting in early April.
If you believe you could be the Heritage and Events Manager we are looking for, apply now for this role by completing the form below and we’ll be in touch.