Artisan People are recruiting a team of retail assistants for a highly renowned London heritage institution for the length of a major upcoming exhibition. This team will support the Retail Department during what is expected to be a very busy time.
You should have extensive previous retail experience, a strong work ethic, have experience of busy environments and enjoy working with people.
You must be able to demonstrate the following abilities or experiences (please include, with examples, in covering letter):
You must have:
- Great retail experience - preferably within the cultural sector
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with visitors
- A positive and proactive approach to work
- Experience of working under pressure
- Team working and listening skills
- Cash and card handling experience
Your duties will include:
- Serving customers and selling products
- Processing card and cash payments
- Keeping the shop floor well-presented, clean and tidy
- Restocking and replenishing shelves
- Ensuring the smooth-running of the shop
- Providing excellent customer service
This is a temporary role, lasting roughly 5 months, in support of the permanent team. Hours will be rostered at 35 hours a week across 5 days (7 hour shifts), including every weekend. We are specifically looking for a good and consistent weekend availability, and you must be prepared to make yourself available for other particularly busy periods.
Successful candidates will have a DBS (Criminal Record) check conducted by the client after the selection process - anything but a clear return on this check will result in non-eligibility for the role.
Start date for this role will be mid-October and the assignment continues until March 2018. Pay is £9.75/hr.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently underrepresented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Please state in your application which role you are applying for. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter (addressing all aspects of the role).