Artisan People are looking for full time Retail Assistants to work in the shops of one of Central London's oldest and most renowned museums. You should have previous retail experience, a strong work ethic, have experience of busy environments and enjoy working with people.
Please note that this is a temporary, full time position organised around a fixed but rolling rota. You should be able to provide mostly a full availability on an ongoing basis, including evenings and weekends.
The role runs from July until October/November. Initial interviews will be held w/b 19.6.17 at Artisan People, followed by a second interview at the museum for selected candidates.
You must have:
- Experience in retail or the busy service industry
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with visitors
- A positive and proactive approach to work
- Experience of working under pressure
- Team working and listening skills
- Cash and card handling experience
Your duties will include:
- Serving customers and selling products
- Processing card and cash payments
- Keeping the shop floor well-presented and tidy
- Restocking and replenishing shelves
- Ensuring the smooth-running of the shop
- Providing excellent customer service
Pay is £7.50 per hour.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently under-represented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Please apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter to Ina Gutknecht. Any applications that do not address the above points in the covering letter will be at a serious disadvantage.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.