Artisan People are recruiting ticketing and information assistants for a world renowned national museum in central London. The museum has a superb reputation for representing history and culture and its staff facilitate the presentation of its collection to as wide audience as possible.
You will know the importance of a unique visitor experience in a museum. You must enjoy interaction with the public and have previous experience working in a busy customer facing environment. This role is focused on the box office and information desk positions in the museum, so prior experience in these posts is desirable.
You must be able to demonstrate the following abilities or experiences (please include, with examples, in covering letter):
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
- A commitment to providing the best visitor experience possible
- Vigilance within surroundings and awareness of security issues
- Excellent presentation, punctuality and reliability
- Alertness for quick response to emergency situations and evacuations
- Engaging with visitors, actively promoting exhibitions and ticket sales
- Be able to work in a busy cloakroom including manual lifting
- Experience working with a computer-based ticketing / booking system
- Positive and proactive approach
You must be prepared to work overtime at short notice, particularly for evening or members’ events, early mornings or late nights.
There are 2 roles we are hiring for:
- Induction at Artisan People - 11th April (1 hour)
- Induction at the museum - 16th - 20th April
- Induction hours are 1000-1700 each day, with Fridays being a later finish.
- Hours of work once you start the role are variable shifts between 0850 and 1805 (2040 finish on Fridays), average of 36 hours a week
- Contracts continue until 31st October
Pay is £7.83 p/h, rising to £10.71 p/h after 12 weeks.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and we recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently under-represented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter (addressing all aspects of the role)
NOTE: In your application, please specify whether you are looking for full time or part time work.