Artisan People are looking to put together a team of Donations Assistants and Active Sellers for one of Central London's oldest and most renowned museums. The team will be responsible for welcoming guests to the museum and encouraging and taking donations on behalf of the museum in the bag search area. You will also likely be answering visitors questions and acting as a first point of contact for the museum, so a friendly but focused approach to this role is essential.
Please note that this is a temporary, full time position organised around a fixed but rolling rota. You should be able to provide mostly a full availability on an ongoing basis, including evenings and weekends.
The role runs from July until October/November. Initial interviews will be held w/b 19.6.17 at Artisan People, followed by a second interview at the museum for selected candidates.
You must have:
- Experience in retail or the busy service industry
- Charity fundraising experience, or donations assistant at another museum would be ideal but not essential
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills and ability to interact with visitors
- A positive and proactive approach to work
- Experience of working under pressure in a busy environment
- Team working and listening skills
- Cash and card handling experience
- Confidence in approaching guests and groups
Your duties will include:
- Actively greeting guests and encouraging donations to the museum
- Taking donations via a PDQ machine or cash
- Be knowledgeable of the museums temporary exhibitions and permanent collections
Pay is £8 per hour.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently under-represented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Please apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter to Ina Gutknecht. Any applications that do not address the above points in the covering letter will be at a serious disadvantage.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.