Artisan People are recruiting Visitor Experience Assistants for a world renowned national museum in central London. The museum has a superb reputation for representing history and culture and its staff facilitate the presentation of its collection to as wide audience as possible.
You will know the importance of a unique visitor experience in a museum. You must enjoy interaction with the public and have previous experience working in a busy customer facing environment.
You must be able to demonstrate the following abilities or experiences (please include, with examples, in covering letter):
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
- A commitment to providing the best visitor experience possible
- Vigilance within surroundings and awareness of security issues
- Excellent presentation, punctuality and reliability
- Alertness for quick response to emergency situations and evacuations
- Engaging with visitors, actively promoting exhibitions and ticket sales
- Be able to work in a busy cloakroom including manual lifting
- Positive and proactive approach
You must be prepared to work overtime at short notice, particularly for evening or members’ events, early mornings or late nights.
There are 2 roles we are hiring for:
- Full-time Gallery Assistant (Averages 5 days per week, 0940-1740)
- Full-time Ticketing & Information Assistant (Averages 5 days per week, variable between 0850-1810)
- Induction at Artisan People - 24th November (1 hour)
- Induction at the museum - 27th-30th November
- Induction hours are 1000-1700 each day, with Fridays being a later finish.
- Hours of work once you start the role are approx 0940-1740 (0940-2040 on Fridays)
- Contracts continue until 30th March
Pay is £7.50 p/h, rising to £10.71 p/h after 12 weeks.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and we recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently under-represented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter (addressing all aspects of the role)
NOTE: In your application, please specify whether you are looking for full time, part time or Sunday only work.