Artisan People are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Stockroom Assistant to work at one of the oldest and most well-known museums in the world. It is a physically demanding position involving large amounts of manual lifting though rewarding to work in such an environment.
Please note that this is a full time, temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent. As successful candidate you should be fully available on an ongoing basis including weekends and some evenings.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- Have good communication and numeracy skills
- Have a proactive and positive approach to work
- Be physically able to lift and move large amounts of stock according to H&S guidelines
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Have a good level of fitness
- Have good listening skills and be able to take instruction
- Have experience of working in the busy retail industry
- Have experience of working in a warehouse/stockroom
- Have basic IT skills
Your responsibilities will include:
- Check deliveries
- Unpack and store stock in correct and safe locations
- Pack up stock to be returned to suppliers
- Keep stockroom organised and clean
- Adhere to Health & Safety guidelines
- Ensure stock is rotated on a regular basis
- Supply stock to the museum shops
- Liaise with shop and stock managers
- Ensure records of goods going in and out is correct and up-to-date
Pay is £7.50 per hour, moving to £8.44
Please apply as soon as possible with a CV and covering letter.
Artisan People is an inclusive employer and recognise difference as crucial to our organisation, as well as allowing a greater connection with various audiences. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are particularly interested in those from individuals with visible or non-visible differences that are currently underrepresented in the cultural heritage sector, to be proportionally representative of society.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.